|Salary:||£21,408 - £21,795 plus 4 hrs overtime|
Experienced Gardener Hall Place & Gardens
Job Title: Experienced Gardener
Management Grouping: Place
Team: Leisure, Parks and Open Spaces
Location: Hall Place Gardens, Bexley
Salary: £21,408 - £21,795 plus 4 hours guaranteed overtime
Contract: Permanent - 36 hours plus 4 hours guaranteed overtime
Closing Date: 18 August 2021
We are looking for a dedicated team member to join our small team at Hall Place.
The role includes weekend working and also bank holidays when required
Your duties will involve general garden maintenance, grass cutting using a variety of machines and maintaining all aspects of the gardens, including cultivation, lawn maintenance and pruning of all plants, shrubs, fruit trees and formative pruning of trees. You will be able to use all necessary machinery to maintain the gardens, including ride on mowers, stimmers, blowers and pedestrian machines.
You will be required to carry out risk assessments in line with the Health and Safety at work Act 1999.
Being able to work with minimal supervision is essential.
You will also accept responsibility for the direction of the work of other employees, apprentices and volunteers as well as dealing with queries from the public on garden related issues.
A full driving license is preferred
What we offer:
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- 24 days Annual Leave (plus Bank Holiday Entitlement)
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
To find out more about this post please contact: Tony Nield on 01322 526574
- Closing Date for your application: 18th August 2021. if we have a high number of applicants we will close the vacancy earlier.
- CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: 1st September 2021
The Council reserves the right to withdraw this vacancy ay at any point up to and including where offers of employment have been made, if a suitable redeployee who is otherwise at risk of redundancy is identified for this role
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers
|Salary Spinal:||Salary Spinal|