Assistant Business Advisor
|Salary:||£22,956 - £24,999 per annum|
|Vacancy Group:||Schools and Educational Improvement|
Assistant Business Advisor
Management Grouping: Education & Children’s Services
Team: Employment & Skills
Salary: £22,956 - £24,999 per annum
Contract: permanent /36 hours per week
Closing Date: 27th February 2019
Job reference: ECS0000405
We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Business Advisor who will work as part of the Employer Engagement Team supporting Bexley residents and students of the Learning and Enterprise College in developing employability skills, sourcing work experience placements and employment opportunities with local employers. This role will require providing a high level of admin support and interaction with employers to develop a good business base and providing support to recruitment processes such as arranging interviews and shortlisting applications as well as delivering group activities such as employability workshops or applications sessions.
The successful candidate will have:
· Experience of working in a recruitment or careers advisory role supporting business to meet their recruitment needs
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships with businesses
· Communication skills using a range of methods to maintain engagement and progress clients in to sustainable employment
· ICT skills including a good knowledge of Windows Office Suite packages together with an ability to understand and use a Database or Client Information Management System
· Understanding of business skills shortages and barriers to employment for local people.
What we offer:
· Relocation Package up to £8,000
· Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
· Performance Related Pay
· 23 days Annual Leave (rising to 27 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
· Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
· Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
· MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
The Learning and Enterprise College is formed out of a merger of the Bexley Adult Education team and the Resources Plus employability support service. We offer a range of employability and training opportunities to support residence in to work or education. The college offers a syllabus that includes vocational and community learning courses as well as supported learning for residents with Special educational needs as well as a range of employability skills workshops and employment focused activities.
For further information please contact Joe Baker on 02030453006 or e-mail Joe.firstname.lastname@example.org
· Closing Date for your application: 27th February 2019
· CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
· Anticipated Interview date: 8th March 2019
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English Language Requirement for Public Sector Workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers or connect with Bexley Careers on LinkedIn
|Salary Spinal:||Salary Spinal|