Creative Writing Tutor
|Salary:||£20.56 - £29.70 per hour dependent on|
Creative Writing tutor
Management Grouping: The Learning and Enterprise College Bexley
Team: Education to Employment
Location: College sites in Bexleyheath / Sidcup and local community centres.
Salary: £20.56 - £29.70 per hour dependent on qualifications and experience
Closing Date: Thursday 28 February 2019
Job reference: LEC0000048
The Learning & Enterprise College Bexley is a vibrant; financially secure adult education institution responsible for delivering high quality outcomes for students, residents and employers, while contributing to the strategic objectives laid out in Bexley Council’s corporate priorities for adult learning, employment and wellbeing.
We are looking for an inspirational creative writing tutor with some publishing experience in competitions, magazines and/or books. Classes may take place daytimes, evenings and Saturdays.
You must also hold either:
· A relevant qualification/experience in your subject area equivalent to level 3 or as required by relevant Awarding Organisation; or
· A minimum of level 2 in English, Maths and ICT or equivalent (Maths and English screening tests will be completed at interview).
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
· Closing Date for your application: Thursday 28 February 2019
· Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
· Interviews are anticipated to take place week commencing 11 and 18 March 2019
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers
|Salary Spinal:||Salary Spinal|